Mexican Research Foundation
of Mexican Institute of Financial Executives
VIII FIMEF Financial Research Conference
EGADE Business School Monterrey, Monterrey, N. L., Mexico
August 30 and 31, 2018
The Research Foundation of Mexican Institute of Financial Executives is pleased to announce its VIII Research Conference which will be held on August 30-31, 2018, hosted by the EGADE Business School of Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey and with the collaboration of 13 Mexican institutions of higher education.
– Promote and present current top economic-financial research.
– Contribute to university-business-government linkages in relevant research topics which support the financial. economic and social development of individual countries, their companies and institutions.
– Promote theoretical and empirical research, as well as exchanges among scholars in order to carry out joint projects between national and international researchers.
II. SCOPE AND CONFERENCE THEMES
The conference will deal with topics related to accounting, financial economics, and macroeconomic and microeconomic issues contemporary and interrelated with finance and accounting, both in terms of developed and emerging markets, as well as their links. Works in Spanish or English are accepted. The following is a list of research topics to be deal with, but not limited to:
• International Financial Systems/Reporting
• Accounting & control systems
• International accounting norms and convergences
• Accounting, finance and economics interrelationships
• Mergers and Acquisitions
• Capital Structure/Dividend Policy
• Agency theory/Executive compensations
• Corporate Financing/financial distress/bankruptcies
• Budgeting/investment valuation/real options
• Entrepreneurship/Small and Start-up firms
• Market efficiency and anomalies
• Economic and financial cycles/Financial crisis and transmission
• Financial integration and segmentation
• Behavioral finance
• Trade and commercial agreements
• International capital flows
• Commodity markets
• Stock/Bond markets
• Asset valuation and Management
• Interest rates/yield curve/inflation/unemployment
• Exchange rate/currency issues and cryptocurrencies
• Derivatives/hedging/financial engineering
• Financial regulation/capital requirements/Basel
• Risk analysis/Value at Risk/asset volatility/extreme values
• Financial inclusion
• Macroeconomic stability
• Monetary Policy
• Banking/Financial Institutions
• Fiscal Policy
• Insurance & Pensions
• Production/supply and demand
• Energy markets/products/development impacts
• Industrial/sectoral development trends and policies
• Finance and economic development
• Fintech/technology and innovation/competition
• Sustainable Development and natural resources/Corporate responsibility
Papers accepted are encouraged to be sent to The Mexican Journal of Economics and Finance to be considered for refereeing and possible publication. The journal is among Mexican top journals recognized by the Mexican National Council of Science and Technology.
III. INFORMATION TO RESEARCH PARTICIPANTS
1. The papers must be of high quality, attempting to solve research problems dealing with theoretical or practical knowledge. Descriptive/teaching materials will not be accepted.
2. Papers’authorship can be individual or in co-authorship, up to three co-authors. A maximum of three papers per author will be accepted, either in Spanish or English.
3. Proposals for full sessions (four papers, two-hour sessions) will be welcome.
4. Papers received will be submitted to a double blind refereeing process.
5. Authors of accepted papers will be assigned as discussants of works in their own session.
6. Authors of works accepted to the Conference may participate in the XXXIV Financial Research Award IMEF-EY (www.imef.org.mx) and /or can submit their works to the Mexican Journal of Economics and Finance, REMEF for refereeing and possible publication (www.remef.org.mx/index.php/remef).
IV. KEY DATES
1. Full Papers. Submission deadline: May 31, 2018 and must be sent to the Conference’s email: email@example.com
2. A mail acknowledging receipt of a paper will be sent to the contact author. Decisions from the referees will be sent three weeks after reception of the work, no later than July 16, 2018.
V. AUTHORS GUIDELINES
1. Maximum length of paper: 35 pages in Times New Roman font of 12 points.
• Simple line spacing, leaving an additional space between justified paragraphs.
• Numbering of pages centered in the lower part.
• Include, where appropriate, figures, graphs, tables and bibliographic references.
2. Please, submit three files of your work as follows:
2.1 File 1. Cover. It must contain the following information:
• Name of the Conference.
• Full title of the paper.
• Full name of the responsible author and, where appropriate, the co-author (s).
Mention for each one:
• Academic degree.
• Institutional affiliation and school/department.
• Personal and institutional email.
• Private or institutional telephone number.
• Full institutional or personal address.
• Clearly identify who the contact author is.
2.2 File 2. Abstract only, including the title of the paper, omitting the data of the author (s). Abstracts will be included in the Conference Program.
File 3. Full paper, including abstract, leave out author (s) data.